Friday, March 20, 2009

Triathlon Training


As a tax accountant this is the busiest time of the year. So to add to my stress level I am taking 12 hours of grad school and training for my first triathlon. I actually find a hard workout a great stress reliever, so the training has not been a big issue. Finding time to go to the gym, study, and get all my work done has been a challenge, but I think I am up to it.

I have signed up for two triathlons this spring. The first race of the year is called the Caveman Triathlon in Flower Mound Texas. The break down for this race is a swim of 275 yards, bike 11 miles, and a run of 5k. The second race is called the Texas Man Triathlon in Denton Texas. This one is a bit longer with a swim of 500 yards, bike of 17.6 miles, and a 5k run. Both races have their own challenges, but the Texas Man open water swim has me a little nervous. I have stepped up my training and hopefully will be in good enough shape for both races.

If you are looking for a challenge, sing up and I will see you at the finish line (hopefully!)

Caveman Triathlon

Texas Man Triathlon