Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week in Review

After a week of being out of commission, I am glad to say that I am back up and operating. I lost all the files on my hard drive including my pictures and word documents! Back up your important documents as often as possible, you may be next. I think I am going to take a serious look at a MacBook for my next laptop.

Anyways, the markets looked quiet this past week. Travel and hotel stocks were active with the announcement of Blackstone Group buying Hilton hotels for $26 billon.

Apple also had a great week with reports that the iPhone may live up to the hype. It has been tough not to take some gains off the table, but I am going to hold on a bit longer. Steve Jobs is always full of surprises so this stock is fun to follow.

Alcoa Inc. (AA) will kick off the next wave of quarterly earnings on Monday. Keep a look out for international stocks this week. The dollar has been abnormally week the past quarter which should create strong earnings for international stocks usually underestimated by wall street.

No comments: