Wednesday, December 12, 2007

50 Best Stocks of 2008

I have compiled a preliminary list of the 50 stocks that I believe will out perform the market in 2008. As you can see technology is the most concentrated sector followed by oil & gas and retail. A few companies that made the list have had a very bad 2007 and should recover nicely in 2008. I included a couple risky Internet based companies that look promising coming into 2008 like BBBB & SFLY. I have not finalized the list yet and a few may shift, but I will finalize the group and track it throughout the coming year. Please let me know if I missed any obvious players.

American Express (AXP)
Apple (AAPL)
Baidu, Inc. (BIDU)
Best Buy (BBY)
Blackboard (BBBB)
BP plc (BP)
Cannon (CAJ)
Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)
Countrywide Financial Group (CFC)
Cypress Semiconductor (CY)
Dell (DELL)
Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS)
Electronic Arts (EA)
Exxon Mobile (XOM)
First Solar (FSLR)
Focus Media (FMCN)
Garmin Ltd. (GRMN)
Genentech (DNA)
Goldman Sachs (GS)
Google (GOOG)
JetBlue (JBLU)
JP Morgan Chase (JPM)
Lifetime Fitness (LTM)
Logitech (LOGI)
Merck & Co (MRK)
Meritage Homes Corp (MTH)
Merrill Lynch & Co (MER)
Nike (NKE)
Nordstrom (JWN)
Novartis AG (NVS)
Pepsi (PEP)
Pfizer (PFE)
Research in Motion (RIMM)
Shutterfly (SFLY)
Starbucks (SBUX)
Sunpower Corp. (SPWR)
Target (TGT)
TASER International (TASR)
Texas Instruments (TXN)
Total (TOT)
Toyota Motor Crop.(TM)
Transocean (RIG)
Under Armour (UA)
Unilever (UN)
Verizon (VZ)
Whole Foods Market (WFMI)
Wynn Resorts (WYNN)

3 comments:

Eric said...

just my 2 cents.

Hell Yes!!! stocks... Buy it now!!!

Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Transocean (RIG)

I would look to more utilities plays.. Especially if you can play nuclear with a utilities play

I like(this is a luke warm rating)
CMG, vz, tm.

I would stay away from Retail tgt,jwn,dks, until dec 2008...I think they bottom then.

I also never play the biotech Lotto, but there are some good baby boom medical plays.

The Screaming Buys right now are Regional Banks, and coming soon the bond insurers...
The money center banks. and brokers I say bottom before or after 4q earnings.


You are missing
Gamestop (GME)

Not like you take requests, I would love a brief review of regional banks in your area.

Brett said...

GME is a great one and needs to be included, also I overlooked amazon.

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who passions to seek original things. Presently I am constructing my personal solar panels. I am doing it all by myself without the aid of my men. I am using the net as the only way to acheive that. I discovered a really brilliant website which explains how to contruct photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The place explains all the steps required to constructing solar panels.

I am not really sure bout how correct the data given there is. If some experts over here who have xp with these works can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it would be great and I'd highly treasure it, cauze I extremely would love to try solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys are the best.