Monday, December 31, 2007

50 for 2008

Happy New Year! 2007 was a banner year for my portfolio with Apple (aapl) being my largest winner and still my largest position. I also had a lot of success with TXN, GS, GRMN, LUV, ADBE, and CHK. I am reevaluating my portfolio today by asking myself the following question: Would I buy this stock today? If I answer no to that question, than I am dumping it and taking the loss in 2007. I am going to start the year with stocks that I am confident will go north. On that note, here is my finalized list of 50 stocks that should outperform the market in 2008. I will keep it on a watch list and periodically post the performance. Hope everyone has a great 2008 and thanks for reading!

Adobe Systems, Inc. (ADBE)
Amazon (AMZN)
American Express (AXP)
Apple (AAPL)
Baidu, Inc. (BIDU)
Best Buy (BBY)
Blackboard (BBBB)
BP plc (BP)
Cannon (CAJ)
Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)
Countrywide Financial Group (CFC)
Cypress Semiconductor (CY)
Dell (DELL)
Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS)
Electronic Arts (EA)
Exxon Mobile (XOM)
First Solar (FSLR)
Focus Media (FMCN)
Gamestop (GME)
Garmin Ltd. (GRMN)
Genentech (DNA)
Goldman Sachs (GS)
Google (GOOG)
JetBlue (JBLU)
JP Morgan Chase (JPM)
Lifetime Fitness (LTM)
Logitech (LOGI)
Meritage Homes Corp (MTH)
Merrill Lynch & Co (MER)
Nike (NKE)
Nordstrom (JWN)
Novartis AG (NVS)
Pepsi (PEP)
Pfizer (PFE)
Research in Motion (RIMM)
Shutterfly (SFLY)
Starbucks (SBUX)
Sunpower Corp. (SPWR)
Target (TGT)
TASER International (TASR)
Texas Instruments (TXN)
Total (TOT)
Toyota Motor Crop.(TM)
Transocean (RIG)
Under Armour (UA)
Unilever (UN)
Verizon (VZ)
Whole Foods Market (WFMI)
Wynn Resorts (WYNN)

No comments: