Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nike+

I just went for a short jog tonight. It was well over 100 degrees all day today in Dallas, so I am limited to running in the early morning and in the late evenings (when it is only in the 90's). I don't really enjoy running, but I always feel pretty good when I stop so it must be good for me. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I downloaded the song "Eye of the tiger" by Survivor and played it on a loop. I am pretty sure I was singing aloud the whole time, but that song really pumps me up.

Back to stocks for a moment. We have seen a lot of volatility over the past week. Cramer continues to try to call the bottom, but who knows. I am still pretty heavy in cash, but this week I plan on placing some bets. I am looking at value companies like Nike, PepsiCo, and maybe even a tech play like Google. I will post when I decide to pull the trigger.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Oh yeah, I added a new Nike+ tool to the right side of this page. I know I am slow, I have no excuses.