Monday, January 26, 2009

Rough start for 2009

Craziness has taken over the markets! It is very easy to point out the faults in the markets, but if you want to find the bottom simply keep your ears open and listen for good news. You have to be able to filter the horror stories and look for the positive spin. Be optimistic, and try and find what could turn the markets. If I could find this positive spin, then I would share it with you, but I have no idea. I am listening, but there is a lot to filter. Today, Pfizer (PFE) announced that they are going to be buying rival Wyeth (WYE) for 68 billion. This is a huge positive for the markets because Pfizer is borrowing 22.5 Billion to make this deal possible. This means that there is some money out there for companies to borrow! Are the credit markets "thawing?" I have no idea, but this is some positive news. Let's keep our ears open and if you hear some good news leave a comment.

On a personal note, my Dad has started a blog for Frito-Lay called Snack Chat. Check it out!!